New Milwaukee PNEUMATIC nailers

I really can’t really weigh-in on this - since we only did small bits of roofing - leaving the big jobs to dedicated roofing subcontractors. Our typical in-house roofing job might be a small addition, garage/shed building, gazebo or bay window. We had one Hitachi and one Bostitch gun. I don’t recall complaints (or praise) about either - but they were used infrequently.

But we bought a Paslode Impulse roofing nailer. that got returned after the first use. We had high hopes for the Paslode.- We thought it might be good for the type of small jobs that we did. But the guys said it constantly jammed - and they had to come back in to get a compressor and one of the pneumatics.

who at TTI makes pneumatic tools - or thereabouts I would assume that’s the primary maker of this.

Otherwise I don’t see it being a competitor to the Hitachi at Lowes but rather the red competitor to the yellow at Home depot. There are other products even a ridgid I believe at home depot - which is another TTI company name. So is the Milwaukee not similar to the Ridgid product?

Since I don’t use pneumatic nailers much of the ones I do use and eventually bought I will say I’m a bostich fan so far.

@Napalm

The RIDGID brand name is licensed to Home Depot by Emerson Electric Company. Emerson owns the Ridge Tool Company - maker of the Ridgid brand plumbing tools.

TTI is the OEM for most (probably all) of the Ridgid brand power tools - and these tools will bear UPC codes with 051667 as the company prefix denoting TTI.

But the Ridgid brand pneumatic nailers appear to come from a different OEM - and bear UPC labels with 648846 as a company prefix - denoting Emerson’s Special Products Division.

Some Ridgid brand garden tools that I’ve seen at Home Depot are made by Ames (UPC prefix 049206)
Some Ridgid brand extension cords that I’ve seen at Home Depot are made by Cerro Wire (UPC prefix 048243)
Some Ridgid brand holesaws that I’ve seen at Home Depot are made by RAF Industries (UPC prefix 035781)