Buying Milwaukee tools with cases

I’m in the market for a cordless drill and impact wrench, and I think I’ve settled on buying Milwaukee M18 ones. I have no cordless tools right now. The drill will be got home DIY projects and the impact will be for working on my cars, so both fairly light duty.

I feel like I really will only need 1-2 batteries, but I want to have hard cases to store each tool in. Looking at the offerings at Home Depot, it seems like if I want to get the tools with cases I will end up with two chargers and four batteries. I don’t generally see the cases for sale by themselves. Is there an elegant solution for this?

Also, would the 1.5Ah batteries that come with the drill be adequate for the impact? Most likely I will only use the impact for taking off lug nuts or other occasional uses.

Milwaukee seems to bundle most of their combination kits with cloth tool bags - not hard-sided blow molded cases. Recently they have been bundling some in their Packout cases.

You did not say anything about the drive size for your impact wrench. Maybe 1/2 inch ? Most of those (even brushless- Fuel models - and their 3/8 inch drive models too) seem to come bundled with a 5.0Ah battery:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-FUEL-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Brushless-Cordless-1-2-in-Impact-Wrench-with-Friction-Ring-with-Free-M18-5-0Ah-Battery-2767-20-48-11-1850/305907274

Milwaukee also seems to bundle drills more often with impact drivers for 1/4 hex drive bits rather than with impact wrenches with square socket drives

It might prove too expensive for you - but maybe buying the 2 tools - a charger and 2 different batteries - plus a packout box to fit it all in - might work - but fitting the loose parts inside might be a bit of a puzzle - and something like Kaizen foam might help if the box is roomy enough.

https://www.toolnut.com/accessories/storage/milwaukee-packout/milwaukee-48-22-8425-packout-large-tool-box.html

After endlessly researching different combinations that are available, I ended up buying the 1/2" mid-torque impact in a kit that came with one 5Ah battery, a charger, and a bag. Then I got the brushless 1/2" chuck drill as a bare tool. I wasn’t sure if both tools would fit in the bag, but they do, with the battery and charger, so I’m happy with that. The price was right, and I didn’t end up with extra batteries or chargers that I don’t need.