Cordless jigsaw for occasional use

I’m looking for recommendation for occasional use cordless jigsaw

I have the Dewalt 20v XR jigsaw and I’ve been very happy with it. https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCS334B-Brushless-Tool-Only/dp/B07JPFHQKG.

That being said, most manufacturers make a good, cordless jigsaw. If you are already on a battery platform (e.g. Makita, Milwaukee, Bosch, Ridgid) I would stick with one of their tools. Just make sure to get good quality blads.

I have the DeWalt XR 20 volt also and it is a very good saw. They have two others also with one being a barrell handle and then their older brushed version. I also have a Ryobi if you are thinking about that. I got the DeWalt because of the Ryobi. The guide on it is more of a suggestion regarding the blade. Based upon what you described, I’d look at the DeWalt older brushed version for the best deal to be honest. It has great reviews. I know Home Depot has Black Friday deals right now that include all three main brands like two batteries. You will pay in the 180 to 200 range for any of the big three. You can sometimes find that older brushed DeWalt around 20 to thirty bucks less… You can try Ryobi, I got the middle quality one. I believe there is one above that in terms of quality…maybe it’s better.

I have the brushless Ryobi that works decently with a good blade. It gets very occasional use for my needs. I don’t care for the speed controller that Ryobi uses compared to the other brands.