Craftsman tool chest drawers locked

I have a fairly new Craftsman 8 drawer tool chest. With the lid open, there is a latch / handle in the back middle of the tool box that locks/unlocks all of the drawers. This latch has came off of whatever it was attached to and now none of the drawers will open. Anyway to get this reattached to get the drawers open?

I don’t have any experience with recent Craftsman boxes, but my first thought would be to see if you can find a parts list or manual for the box. That might have some drawings that could help you figure it out.
On many older toolboxes I’ve worked with over the years you can see the locking bar if you open the lid in the top of the box and look down at the back near the hinge. If that came loose from the lid of the box you can probably just lift it up with a pair of pliers to unlock.

1 Like

Thank you, but I have fixed it. I had to use a piece of wire with a hook bent into it, hooked the bar and pulled it up and released my tool drawers. Once released, I removed them and found a 14 mm bolt, washer and spring. Apparently the bolt was loose and backed out and the latch handle came off. Put it back together with some thread lock on the bolt this time, reinstalled drawers, and it works great.

1 Like