DeWalt 12 v extreme

Recent email showed new tools but not yet on their website.

This is great news. Aside from Skil’s PWRCORE 12 line (which I love), the 12-volt domain has been largely dormant. I think 12V makes more sense than ever. As 12V tools grow stronger and outdoor power equipment increasingly moving to 36 to 60 volts, there’s no need for a “one voltage fits all” solution like 18V/20V or 21.6-24V.

I agree! I’ve been using the makita cxt line for a couple years now and they have slowly been coming out with newer items and tools but the power hasn’t increased enough for me to keep buying their products. I am now switching to all DeWalt for work. Mainly the 12v line for size but have some 20v. And the fact you can use the same charger for both batteries makes a big difference for me!

1 Like

I gave my brother my Makita cxt (so I’d have tools at his house when I visit) and switched to Dewalt 12v for the same reason. 1 charger for both is an underrated feature.

One charger across pretty much all your battery platforms is a very big deal and is very underrated. No one else does this except for DeWalt. And when you have limited space in your tool box it makes a big difference

Milwaukee’s 48-59-1812 multivolt charger has slots for charging both 12V and 18V.

Makita makes a 12 and 18v charger as well but they are bigger and much more expensive.

The 5-in-1 is coming really soon. I can’t get an official ETA on the multi-tool, which means we are unlikely to see it before or during the holiday shopping season.

Let me see if I can get any info on this stuff. My aunt actually works for DeWalt at one of the repair facilities. She usually gets some inside info. And I found out how much these places really up their prices… The mark up would surprise most people…