Is now the time to buy DeWalt Brushless XR tools?

I noticed most if not all of the DeWalt cordless xr series is now on sale. As a new home owner and hobbyist, I grabbed the drill, impact combo with 60v battery during a Father’s day sale last year, and have gotten the chainsaw, lead blower, and hedgetrimmer as well. I still feel like I would like the sawzall, circular saw, and probably oscillating tool as well but have found them hard to just fit at 169 each. Is now a good time to buy or does it mean there will be another wave coming out completely superceding these? Will there most likely be additional sales come Father’s day?

The lead up to Father’s day is always a good time to buy, often times beating Black Friday and holiday sales. If you’re itching to get any of your mentioned tools I recommend the OMT.

You’re unlikely to get any kind of great Father’s day deals on those tools without duplicating your drill and impact, but it might be worth it if you can do one of those buy a kit, get two tools free kind of deals, and are willing to put in the effort to turn around and resell the extra drills/drivers.

Probably smart to wait it out, as there don’t seem to be any excellent deals right now, but you may end up waiting it out for a sale on a kit that doesn’t exist. I’ve found that once I’ve got enough batteries and chargers, it’s usually more efficient to find a good, intermittently available deal on a bare tool from a reliable retailer on Amazon or Ebay.