Saw this announced on Instagram, and available now for purchase at Acme. (https://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/metabo-hpt-c3610drjq4m).
But I’ve seen nothing in the usual tool review sites or YouTube. I think Metabo HPT needs some marketing lessons from Milwaukee haha.
Based on published specs alone, here are some thoughts:
- full 10” blade at 5000rpm
- standard 8” dado capacity
- super wide right (35”) and left (22”) rip capacity
- outfeed support
- corded or cordless
- expensive ($699 bare tool plus promotion for free battery or power adapter)
- Only 144 watt-hour battery (8ah at 36 volts) compared to 216 watt hours for largest Milwaukee and Dewalt batteries
- clunky power adapter (optional)
Based on the battery size and the 10” blade, I can’t imagine much runtime. The M18 model uses an 8-1/4” blade and has a stated capacity of ripping 200 linear feet of 2x spf. I gotta think the Metabo HPT will be lucky to get half of that. It might take 2-3 batteries to keep running all day, with charge time of one hour.
We need reviews! Stuart or Ben please buy one