Milwaukee track and baseplate in US?

I saw this video on youtube mentioning that Milwaukee was coming out with a new baseplate for the M18 circular saw so that it would ride on their existing track (similar to the Bora track idea, or Kreg, etc).

What I haven’t seen is any availability information. Has anyone seen a flyer/ad/press release discussing this? Is it coming to US markets?

Here is the video from Belts and Boxes showing video from Milwaukee EU:

Jon B

1 Like

so you could take your Milwaukee circular saw (does it matter which one?) remove the baseplate. Install a new baseplate and ride it on some form of a track system.

Beautiful idea.

Dewalt should copy this, and makita, and metabo, and . . . . .

1 Like

Makita has this capability built in on at least one of their circular saws (9 1/4” XSH10) and I believe I saw somewhere that they offer a track compatible baseplate attachment as well for some of their other saws.

Plus of course their LXT 18v x2 track saw.

DZ,

To add, after replying to your post, I spent some more time seeing what other models Makita had with the track base. I found the XSH08 also does and (drum roll……) we all know what came next. Haha

I did decide though, as this purchase was excessive to sell off the Makita Track saw (XPS01PT) and my rear handle x2 Circular saw (XSR01). In the end I pocketed some cash for a future tool purchase (hint: Makita……. I want an CXT compact die grinder or rotary tool!)