Miter Saw Stands

I need a miter saw stand. I’ve been using my miter saw clamped to a workstation but am starting a project where I need to cut miters into rather lengthy trim pieces so the setup provided by a real stand is necessary. I don’t really need a bunch of bell and whistles but I would like it sturdy and as light as possible as it will be transported back and forth to the sight. I don’t want to cheap out, but it likely see limited use after this project. I don’t feel I need wheels but I do want it to be solid as I had an old Kobalt that I got rid of because it was wobbly. Other than that, the ability to expand the work space to accomidate 8 foot lengths of trim and crown molding is essential.
I have two miter saws, an older 10" Craftsman compound that has served me well over the years and a new 10"Hitachi compound dual bevel I picked up a few weeks ago when Lowes began the changeover to Metabo.
I know Milwaukee introduced a new one recently and in the past, one of the Craftsman stands was mentioned although I can’t find that reference. The Dewalt always seems to get good reviews but its $200 or so. I do see a couple of Craftsman that get good reviews, one for $90 and the other $120. I hate that I can’t go into the Sears store any longer to get my hands on one.
Any and all suggestions and comments (regarding miter saw stands, please…lol) are welcome and appreciated.
Gary

Gary-
If your not going to get that much (miter saw) use out of it, you might consider a collapsible work table like the one from Keter. Mine is a perfect height for my miter saw and is very portable. When not holding up my saw it sees lots of other use as a portable work bench. I picked up mine for about $65 w/free shipping. Just a thought.
-Randy

I picked up the Ridgid rolling stand last year for about $90. Haven’t paid attention to whether they’ve put them back on sale this year. It’s heavier than a standard folding stand but the wheels make up for that. It’s been plenty sturdy and handy so far.

I have been using a Skill stand for a few years. It doesn’t have wheels but I loosen two knobs and the saw lifts off. Then the stand folded.

Hi Michael, I’ve never looked at the Skill. I’m using a DeWalt sawhorse with an inexpensive miter saw bracket that snaps on to it. The combination is very stable and strong. I have a 10" saw, and it’s a little heavy and awkward to mount. I imagine the 12" saws would be murder on old buys like me. I know HF is not well tolerated here, but the HF miter saw stand is very much liked by users, so it may be worth checking out by anyone needing a fully featured stand.

For the past 5 years I’ve used the Craftsman stand with my Craftsman sliding 10” miter saw. I was ok but not perfectly level on my garage floor. I just sold the saw to buy the Dewalt cordless miter saw. I kept the stand but probably won’t use it unless I need it off site somewhere. I was going to buy the Bora miter saw station but my new saw is so compact that I just use it on my workbench. The Bora saw stand allows the saw to flip upside down for storage, turning the top into a worktop. The price just dropped to $221. Little pricey but very practical.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/BORA-Portacube-STR-Miter-Saw-Workstation-PM-8000/301298048