Power Tool Modifications

Spotted this today while searching for ways to make a Makita battery fit Ryobi tools.

That’s kinda neat… sorta cool to see a way to breath new life into old tools.

my own little mod… surprisingly easy, little cutting, little soldering. Battery fits amazingly well. Just an FYI this thing always sounded like butt for music though works great for audio books and talk radio :wink:

I modified my Dewalt DC983 14.4V nicad drill for running a Dewalt 20V max pack.

It’s been running pretty well.

I don’t have a lot of pictures from the conversion:

This is my Modified B&D Autosense drill. I took a drill that was otherwise worthless for anything, and re-geared it to 4K RPM, added a Soux precision chuck, a handle knob, and thrust bearing grease provisions (little round zerk at top). It was sort of a time consuming task and took robbing the spindle from another drill, but overall it makes a nice aluminum sheet metal drill for size 3/16" or less. Drill chart speeds are high for small drills in aluminum. FYI, I own a machine shop lol. www.aptoolsllc.com

1 Like

LOVE it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anyone know if their is a way or adapter to hook up the new rigid 12v batt to the miwkee m12?? I have all rigid because of the good warranty but they dont make cordless ratchets so i had to buy a Milwaukee