Recon of the Fort Benning Area

Well, I’m here in Columbus, GA, having just left the only Lowe’s that’s seems to be in the area. Of all the stores I’ve visited from Richmond, VA down to Savannah, none carried Metabo. This one does! How long I don’t know, and it’s a moot point for me anyway as I don’t need another cordless system.

Anyway, the Metabo tools here are all on clearance for around 20% off. For example, the cordless miter saw is $459, down from $573. There’s also an endcap with a couple of combos, a starter kit, and some bare tools.

I stopped by the Columbus Home Depot yesterday and took note of their Spring Black Friday deals. This morning I drove to the Phenix City location and picked up the 18" Stanley FUBAR for $22. Walking through the rest of the store, I noticed a small ladder display with the Werner 9’ reach podium ladders at clearance prices. Aluminum versions are $50.06, but the fiberglass one was $25.03! The last one is sitting in my truck now.

I’ll be stopping by the project house on the way back, and the Americus Lowe’s and Cordele Home Depot are on the way there.

Finally, I think the reason Lowe’s stopped carrying the DeWalt 20v Max yard tools is due to Home Depot picking them up. I don’t know all the intricacies of how things work, but Lowe’s still carries 40v Max yard tools, while the orange store has a prominent display of the 20v Max string trimmer, blower, and bare tool hedge trimmer.

Hitachi bought Metabo I believe, so I would expect Lowes to carry them

I read about that on the blog, but hadn’t seen Metabo at any of the Lowe’s stores I’ve visited over the past few months.