Right side blade vs. left side blade circular saws?

Is it possible insurance underwriters have a part in this? And dictate that if someone crosses the blade path they were negligent and not using the tool properly?

I can see that protecting the insurance company from paying out, the construction company from being liable, and the tool manufacturer as well.

That’s really cool fred, but I could get a really nice cabinet saw with all the accessories for that price…then I wouldn’t need a circular saw either. Just need to park one of the cars outside :>)

This guy gets it. These are all my reasons too.

Yeah the Mafell stuff is really nice - but so is the price - but good cabinet saws are also pricey.
I just took a look at my inventory list and it says that I’ve spent close to $10,000 over the years, on my 2 (old 3HP Unisaw with sliding table and Bosch 4100DG jobsite saw) table saws with the various blades, jigs and accessories. Considering that I bought the Unisaw back in the early 70’s - the price today - for all the stuff I accumulated would be much more. Buying today - it might be a Felder or Hammer table saw - not a Unisaw or Powermatic - but I would probably forego some of the things like my Dalta tenoning jig - now using loose tenons almost exclusively.

Um, right handed saws have their blade on the left side so that you can see the blade/material/cut while it’s in your right hand… The 60v circle saw is a left handed tool.

I rather like having some right and some left blade saws. Sometimes its just more convenient to use a lefty. I would say anybody that does serious work would benefit great from 1 of each.