Woodsmith Magazine (Vol.38 / No. 226) just showed up in my mailbox today.
On page 14 the editors start a 4-page article entitled: “great tools still Made in America”.
They list the following:
- Forrest Saw Blades
- MicroJig GRR-Ripper
- Microplane Rasps
- Starrett Combination Square
- Preppin’ Weapon
- Wood Handscrews (Dubuque Clamp Works)
- Wood is Good Mallet
- Whiteside Router Bits
- Kreg Pocket Screw Jigs
- Diamond Plates (EZE-Lap and DMT brands)
- Wood Finishing Products (several brands)
- Fuller (W.L. Fuller) Tapered Drill Bits
- Weldon Countersinks
- Vix Bits
In a sidebar they also cite:
• Incra Tools
• Lie-Nielsen Toolworks
I can’t find fault with any of their selections – although I like some of 3M’s sanding blocks better than the Preppin’ Weapon (Time Shaver Tools – Big Horn Tools – UPC 766565195000) that I bought ($21.95) about 3 years ago to try out.