What is this tool?!

Can someone help? What on earth is this tool we found?!

Is it complete/unbroken? It looks kinda like a cable release, you pull the cable and one of the two wedge blobs pop out. If it were, you’d think there would be somewhere to hook a chain though.

It is a twistlock used to secure shipping containers together or to a form of transport such as a rail. When you see a ship with containers stacked high on deck this type of lock is what is securely connecting containers together. The corner castings on containers are an oblong shape. The twistlock slots in and is then turned 90 degrees to secure. There are dozens if not hundreds of different styles in use throughout the supply chain on ships and land transport.