Battery cross compatibility

Looks alot Black & Decker likeā€¦

Just to keep the thread going, IF anyone has a conversion of a current(get it?) Li Ion battery source to fit an older Bosch 18v Blue Core Ni Cad tool, Iā€™d be tickled to get my hands on one or two. There are aftermarket folks making the Ni Cad knockoffs; but the efficiency of the Li Ion is very attractive to me. I have about a dozen of the old Blue Core Bosch tools that are in great shape! Hate to see them go to waste! Thanks!!!

Not sure what is your problem. Li- batteries work on all Ni-cad designed tools, as long as voltage is correct and (of course) they can be physically connected.
There are battery adapters from one make in to other, as a last option, before that you could try to change insets of Ni-cad to lithium batteries, as well as charger. Ni-cad chargers will not charge lithium batteries, but Ni-cad batteries are commonly charge with Li-ion chargers.

IF you are responding to me, you re-stated the problemā€¦Iā€™ve not seen any sort of aftermarket adapter to allow Li Ion batteries to be used in my older NiCad tools. Iā€™ve seen some pretty intricate mash-ups using the older case and rewiring for the new power source; but they are ā€œbend this, cut that, trim thisā€. Buying a Li Ion battery AND charger and then rigging the ā€œhybridā€ battery to work IS the problem. I happily pay for a ā€œcleanā€ solution. Of course, the companies make such a process very complicated so the obsolete tools need to be replaced.
IF I were using the tools on a more regular basis, Iā€™d be diving deeper into this project. As it is, I reckon Iā€™ll keep muddling through with the aftermarket clones of the old Blue Core batteries.

1 Like

For an adapter, you could use red part of an battery and back end of any Li-ion toolā€¦
Could use all Li-ion batteries on all tools, connecting just two output wires to the old battery terminals, but, yes, ā€œI hear youā€ its bit messy to make one or to be making many batteries changing insertsā€¦
And no, I havenā€™t seen Bosch Ni-Cad adapter to none other make of Li-ion. IE Ridgid-AEG use identical connection for Ni-cad and Li-ion, depending where you are based it would be either dear or reasonably cheap. Old Bosch Ni-Cad red battery end to Riddid (drill end?)ā€¦
ANW, cheers!

I have similarly kept my collection of Craftsman 19.2 drills / impacts and knew the day would come when there would be a pairing to the more robust lithium. As such, I just purchase H.Fr.'s Bauer Lithium pack at a little more than twenty dollars. I just formed my own slim plastic adapter and met pos. To pos.with thick sufficient gauge wire/ neg.to neg. leaving the other ports alone because their bms mngmntSystem "talks"when the lithium is placed into Bauerā€™s charger.
Does that make sense to you? But you will need to buy Bauerā€™s charger. I figure this system is worth it because it brings new life to all my Crftsmn 19.2 line of tools. If you, as you said have your old line of power tools it might be worth the project, ā€œjump
Intoā€ per searching/ building nicad packs is counterproductive.

Wow, can you send me the picture of that vac.mod. To fit the 12 volt. ( sx, too,sx-sxhundrdSevZero,sx,sx)

So Graco makes a cordless sprayer that uses Dewalt 20V batteries. I hoped to be able to find more products like that, but to no avail. how did Graco do it? Licensing?

Kline cordless tools also use DeWalt batteries.

https://www.kleintools.com/catalog/battery-operated-tools

Craftsman apparently has to 20 volt lithium battery systems. I went and bought a Craftsman drill and it is not compatible with Black & Decker or Porter Cable at all not even close! Im taking it back. I want a brushless 1/2 drill that is compatible with my existing stuff. Guess im going with PC.IMG_20200728_152814|375x500 IMG_20200728_152852
More information. Craftsman V20 and Sears Craftsman 20V Cordless Power Tools and Batteries are NOT Compatible

Hi, these reproduced then?