Unique storage solutions in your workshop

Again - nothing terribly inventive - but a scrap of 2x4 can be turned into a holder/stand fro drill bits:

1 Like

I salvaged some old cabinets from a kitchen. I cut out the middle stile so I could fit larger things inside. I reattached the stile to the left door to make it look better.

I put my router and lathe on a rolling cabinet. They don’t interfere with each other in this orientation.

1 Like

Here is that picture of the clamp storage. Notice the drop down cabinet folded into the ceiling in the background.

2 Likes

Here are a few of my storage solutions. They are similar to many seen here already so I am claiming nothing new.

First is my cordless tool storage area. This is a repurposed dresser filled with rebuilt shallower drawers on full extension slides for storing brads, drill bits, sanders, sandpaper etc for the tools above. Above is shelving with holders for my cordless tools. I’ve mounted my changers to an angled board with the cords hidden behind. I’ve found large band clamps passing through small slots in the board work great for holding the chargers with the clamp tightener hidden behind. On the side of the storage unit is my air nailer “holster” This holds 2 brad nailers for use with 2 length of nails plus a narrow crown stapler. On the wall beside that is a mini hose reel. This holds 25 feet of small diameter poly air hose and works MUCH better then the old coil hose it replaced.

2 Likes

Whoa. Glad I remembered about this thread. We just bought a place with 2 garages, which means I get a dedicated workshop for the first time. I’ve been moving all my tools out there, whenever I get some spare time I know what I’m doing

1 Like

I have recently got more into hand tools with several nice examples received for Father’s Day so I have had to redesign my tool wall. In particular I have now added depth to many of my holders to provide more tool density.

The main modules were the saw and plane tills, this was the reason I moved away from the slat wall design, some more substantial fixing was required.

I also made some deeper storage for chisels, pencils and other measuring and marking kit.

I love tool walls for storing frequently used tools, it also encourages toolsbeing put away, but in a small shop wall space is at a real premium so adding depth seems to be a good solution.

3 Likes

Graham, I see some lovely Veritas tools there. I like the way you laid out everything. Good stuff!

1 Like

This is good, with stainless steel worktop, I wish it was fully made of stainless steel.

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-combgsm01-25-piece-modular-storage-syst/