What tools did you use this weekend?

Dealing with a sore wrist and thumb, I didn’t get much of anything done this weekend, but some hand tools did see some action:

Phillips and slotted screwdrivers, for changing the batteries in some baby toys.

Heavy duty shears for defeating stubborn plastic clamshell packaging.

1 Like

Milwaukee cordless oscillating multitool, working on finishing our refurbished basement stairs. Had to cut the stair skirt board parallel with the stair landing, while the skirt board was already installed.

Amazing how little jobs like this are so much easier with the multitool

1 Like

This weekend I’ve been using my Sawstop CNS175TGP36 to make a bunch of cuts on a Tack Trunk I am building for my wife. Also using my Festool T18 drill and Bosch MXH multi tool quite a bit.

1 Like

Used mostly yard tools this weekend,with temps in 70’s got the yards looking decent.Did get to use my porter cable 20v impact swapping tires around on my car,it worked well for that purpose.

My left knee has been in pain for a couple weeks,not used to doing ladderwork i guess,or at 40 yo im just getting old in that respect.

1 Like

At a military school, so not much opportunity to use tools. I did use the DeWalt USB power source to charge my cell phone while on duty yesterday. The 4.0Ah battery charger the phone from 60% to full and my Fitbit and still shows three bars on the charge indicator.

Have the brushless Tough Case combo from Home Depot and a 20v Max blower in the truck waiting for graduation, when they’ll be put to good use. What can I say? Boredom sets in and tools get bought…

1 Like

What branch? I spent some good years in the Air force back in the day.

1 Like

Army, at Drill Sergeant School now.

1 Like

Very cool bro, keep them guys inline. Thanks for your service too.

1 Like

Thanks for your service!
Fazzman!!! What’s up???

1 Like

Hey buddy,not much kids off school today so just playing around :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for serving as well. The military has provided opportunities I never thought I’d have, so it’s been a great ride so far.

1 Like

I received a second Craftsman Bolt-On kit this weekend, as well as the multi-tool attachment. I bought into this system about 2 years ago and have most of the attachments. I know it’s not the nicest, but the price was right (bought most pieces on sale) and it’s done well in my experience.

2 Likes

Tools is tools man,you dont have to have the best,besides you cant really define the best anymore with todays tools. Use what works and addon or upgrade as you go. The fun part is just using your hands and equipment to fix/make things.

1 Like

Totally, I’ve been super happy with them. And I still get a kick out of the modularity of the system. It’s served me well, rebuilt my front walk/porch last summer and I’m in the middle of redoing my back deck now.

2 Likes

Id almost venture to say if you work with “not the best” and still get good results, you are better than someone that has really good tools and gets the same results.

Then you are more of the tool (no, thats not how I meant it!) than the tool itself.

2 Likes

I used a snake, large screwdriver, large forecepts, and a Ryobi worklight to unplug my floor drain.

The drain was so plugged that I had to jam a screwdriver into it to dislodge some of the rusty crud so I could start the snake auger. After I started to clear it I pulled a large chunk of rubber lodged in the drain. Not exactly sure where it came from, but now the drain actually flows again.

1 Like

The day after Valentine’s day you’re asking what tool we used? :grin:

Beautiful weather, hoped to get in some shop time, but it was a cars and yard weekend. Used my M18 Sawzall with a 12" pruning blade to trim some branches off my Live Oak trees. I rarely use the chainsaw anymore - this beast handles all but the largest branches… Also used the M12 3/8" ratchet for some car repair.

1 Like

Just a pair of cordless drop lights. Had a frozen pipe in my mother’s condo unit, ended up being a lack of insulation and holes in the unit for central air lines not being sealed. Did pick up a new miter saw though!

1 Like

Cleaned out a couple of drains using a cordless Ryobi snake. Really a lot quicker than using a hand auger.

1 Like

This weekend I have used a mitre box, handsaw, some layout tools along with a Rigid Gen5 cordless drill and a Kreg jig. The work was held in place with a few Irwin quick clamps and some C clamps sitting on top of my Craftsman workmate style workbench.

1 Like