Battery cross compatibility

All Stanley Black&Decker 20v batteries (excluding Dewalt) are interchangeable with VERY minimal modification. I have modded Black&Decker batteries to fit Porter Cable tools and they still work just fine in my B&D lawn products. It’s as simple as notching/cutting a tab and grind out the corners near the release button. I’ve also removed the blocking tab on my B&D stuff to fit my PC batteries. Bostitch and Stanley fatmax batteries are also able to be used. One surprise I got a free B&D recip saw and my PC batteries just fit right in, no modding required.

That’s awesome I’m glad you posted that, I often wondered if batteries sold by different brands under the same parent company would be compatible past the microprocessor handshake. Looks like some are if one can get them to fit.

1 Like

Unlike Dewalt the rest of the SBD lines are “dumb” tools relying on the charge controller in the battery and charger.

Found another one, different company (although most likely owned by TTI), using Milwaukee M12 on another tool platform. eForce battery powered crimping tool.

http://www.rennsteig.us/products/crimping/1042-battery-powered-crimping-tool.html

1 Like

And there is one little tab on the DeWalt 20 v that keeps them from being interchangleable with the B&D and the Craftsman 20 volt.

1 Like

And there is one little tab on the DeWalt 20 v that keeps them from being interchangleable with the B&D and the Craftsman 20 volt.

Dewalt

Porter Cable and BD

notice Dewalt 5 slot and PC BD 4 slot.

Minor modding will NOT allow x compatibility

I personalty have modded 2 B+D batteries to fit PC, I have NOT cut the PC tools but dremeled out the B+D battery “slopes”. I got a free B+D recip saw and NO modding needed my PC batteries just fit, I have cut the blocking tap inside the battery track of my B+D yard tools to accept my PC batteries.

Flagging my post becuse Im a badge junkie :smiley:

Ridgid tool accepting Makita battery. Found another one. Anyone out there know if there are anymore ridgid / makita tools are cross compatible? Verified ridgid charger will not charge this makita battery model, but the tool works perfect with this non OEM battery.

1 Like

Came across this post on Amazon. DCA1820 compatible with WORX batteries, thus making Dewalt 18v tools compatible with WORX with a very easy modification. Read all the disclaimers from first post. Can anyone verify this: And also if Worx and Rockwell are cross compatible?

1 Like

I’m confused on what he did.

1 Like

My reading is that the poster is claiming to be using modified Worx slide batteries in old Dewalt 18V tools via the 18v/20V max adapter.

1 Like

You’re spot on mate… FACOM a pro brand used by pro mechanics uses Dewalt batteries… Maybe this is what you meant?
http://www.facom.com/dk/products/CL3-CP18SPB-Description.html

1 Like

The Ridgid plumbing and electrical I believe are completely separate and different from the orange Ridgid Home depot cordless tools, so I doubt it.

1 Like

Wow. someone copied and pasted what I wrote on Amazon.lol
Yes that is correct I converted all my Dewalt XR to work with my Slide 20v max Worx batteries.I also converted my Dewalt 18v Track saw along with some old Bosch stuff I had but didn’t have the batteries. I can’t upload pics as they’re too large?

2 Likes

Text message the picture to yourself, then save that picture it will compress the image to upload size. Some how to notes for entertainment value only, of course would also be cool.

1 Like

This was on power tool modification post (see post 12 &13). But I feel it belongs here too.

1 Like

Not really completely on topic but I have been using my Milwaukee heated hoodie with my Bosch power pack and batteries that I have for my Bosch heated gear.

1 Like

Chris

How do you like the heated jackets? I’ve been thinking about then for some time but have seen mixed reviews on their effectiveness. Also I am 6’5" and when I tried on the XL Milwaukee jacket the sleeves were too short and chest on the jacket too big.

SMH…Tall guy problems!

1 Like

I actually bought one for my wife and myself and then got a killer deal on the Milwaukee sweatshirt because of tools in action. The Bosch’ are fantastic. The sleeves are a bit longer, I’m 6’01" and about 240. The jacket will allow a hoodie underneath but that kind of defeats the purpose of the heated cables. I think in your case the tall might be a good one for you in XL. I will say, I’ve been using my jacket on my ATV since last year and it’s gone through quite a few brambles with nary a tear so it’s a really well made jacket.

1 Like

I’ve just got one of the Bosch PSB 1800 based on what I read on this review. http://www.toolsreview.uk/bosch-psb-1800-li-2-cordless-combi-drill-review/ really happy with it. Plus the batteries are cross compatible with the range. Has anyone had much experience with Bosch before?

1 Like